If order shipped with SUNSTONE® shipping account, for FREIGHT (excluding UPS / FedEx small package delivery), Receiver should inspect all products at time of delivery and make notes of ANY damages and shortages on the DELIVERY RECEIPT before the driver leaves. SUNSTONE® will investigate the claim of shortages, defects or damage, and send out free replacement.
- If order shipped with Dealers own shipping account, SUNSTONE® is not responsible for any shipping damage.
- If there are no product shipping damages, Sign for Delivery and Accept.
- If damages are evident follow the steps below:
- Note the damages on Delivery Report before signing and receiving the merchandise.
1. DO NOT REJECT THE SHIPMENT.
- Call and notify SUNSTONE® and describe damages or concerns within 48 hours of delivery.
- Provide photos (damages to product, outer box & packing material) to email@example.com referencing your Invoice, or PO Number and a description of the damages. Save the packing material.
- For freight shipments it is also wise to write “Not inspected for concealed damage” on the paperwork before accepting the merchandise.
- FedEx and UPS claims are usually resolved within 14 business days. All claims that involve Freight Shippers may take up to 120 calendar days to resolve. We will do our best to accommodate all requests for replacement goods prior to the shipper resolving the claim but we do not guarantee this for every shipment.
Please Note: ALL LTL DELIVERIES ARE CURBSIDE UNLESS WHITE GLOVE FEES ARE PAID. By signing the Delivery Report with no notes of damages you are accepting the goods as in good condition. All reports must be made within 48 hours after delivery. We cannot file claims with the shipper after this and you will be responsible for repairs or replacements. If you decide to leave a note and are not present at the time of delivery this is the same as you signing for the delivery without exception.